As an employer, one of the primary ways you can protect your business is through having appropriate employment contracts and policies in place. That’s why sound, pragmatic legal advice from specialist employment solicitors on employment contracts is essential.
Hine Legal’s specialists will help you keep up to date with current employment law, ensure that your contracts are legally compliant, and that you have legally up-to-date policies and procedures in place to avoid potentially costly pitfalls and mistakes.
Employment Law Advice
Hine Legal provides employers with commercial, practical and tailored guidance and support on all aspects of employing people; from legal recruitment to termination and beyond.
We can provide day-to-day support to employers (whether to dedicated HR teams or owners of SMEs), helping you to resolve issues as they arise. This includes:
- Disciplinary matters and grievance procedures.
- Performance issues.
- Allegations of bullying and harassment.
- Ill health/sickness absence.
- Outsourcing/projects involving TUPE regulations.
- Implementing new incentive schemes.
- Employment law rules relating to changes of contract.
- Issues involving senior/board level employees, including their appointment and removal.
- Making an employee redundant, including voluntary redundancy or compulsory redundancy.
- Issues affecting members of your HR team or in-house Counsel.
- Advising on complaints of unfair dismissal.
- Discrimination in employment.
- GDPR and data protection issues.
- Breach of restrictive covenants.
- Flexible working.
- Employment status tests.
Employment Law For Recruitment
Hiring a new member of staff is an opportunity to build a stronger organisation, but, if poorly managed, there are significant risks involved in getting it wrong.
Taking appropriate legal advice at the outset is far cheaper than having to address problems later on. We have a wealth of experience in advising on recruitment processes including:
- The correct HMRC employment status definition for the new role (whether as worker, employee or self-employed individual).
- Ensuring that job specifications and adverts are clear and non-discriminatory.
- Carrying out fair and objective selection processes and interviews.
- The right offer processes and checks (including immigration checks) to be followed.
- The correct onboarding processes.
We will provide specialist employment law guidance to ensure that your recruitment processes are handled correctly.
Agency Workers And Contractors
We provide advice on the rights of agency workers, to ensure that temporary work agencies and the end users comply with their legal obligations.
Given the legal uncertainty surrounding employment status (i.e. who is an ‘employee’, a ‘worker’ or genuinely ‘self-employed’), we can assist in demystifying this. We can then ensure that you have the right contract in place with each of your members of staff to minimise the risk of claims in the future.
Induction is a vital, but often overlooked, part of the recruitment process. It helps to ensure that your new employee settles in and performs well, and avoids problems later on. We will advise you on devising an induction process that suits your organisation’s culture and processes.
If you would like support for your business
We are stronger together
We are delighted to announce that Hine Legal has joined forces with Constantine Law as of 1 January 2021.
Please be assured that it will be business as usual and Nick and his team will remain dedicated to working with you and to provide employment law advice. We will remain your primary point of contact so please contact Nick and his team at Constantine Law.
Nick Hine, Partner 07931360372 firstname.lastname@example.org
Ben Payne, Solicitor 07715654221 email@example.com
Zahra Mahmood, Solicitor 07711485173 firstname.lastname@example.org
Constantine Law is an agile and modern law firm providing expert employment law, business Immigration and regulatory advice to its clients.
Hine Legal is not a firm of solicitors. Hine Legal solicitors are now consultants at Constantine Law and legal services are provided by Constantine Law Ltd which is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority under SRA no 621097.