After a first career in the NHS as a nurse, Alison qualified as a Solicitor in 2010. Since qualification Alison has specialised in employment law, working on a wide range of contentious and non-contentious matters for businesses and employees for a regional firm. She has also undertaken secondments periods of secondment with local Government legal teams. Alison has a valuable understanding of the day-to-day issues faced by both employers and employees which enables her to engage in a genuinely empathetic manner with her clients.
Alison joined Hine Legal in 2019.
Alison has a down to earth and proactive approach that helps her establish good working relationships with her clients. Providing clear and concise advice is a priority for Alison so she can maintain and develop these relationships. Alison’s approach is to identify the most practical, commercial and cost-effective route to helping her clients achieve their objectives.
Alison advises businesses on all aspects of employment law, including:
- Drafting of employment contracts, consultancy agreements and company policies
- Performance management
- Sickness absence
- Managing disciplinary and grievance issues
- Redundancy and restructures
- Preparing, negotiating and advising on settlement agreements
She also advises employees and senior executives on:
- The negotiation of exit packages under settlement agreements
- New employment contracts
- Grievance and disciplinary issues
- Discrimination and Harassment (including sexual and/or race related harassment)
- Unfair and constructive dismissal
- Garden leave obligations
- Advising a company on a staggered redundancy collective consultation.
- Regularly advises employees at both ends of the income spectrum on negotiating their exits from their employment.
- Advising an employer on holiday pay and dealing with subsequent grievances.
- Advising multiple employees of the same company on settlement agreements.
Outside Of Work
In her spare time, Alison combines her passion for quilting with volunteering for an organisation that makes and donates quilts to sick and traumatised babies, children and teenagers. She enjoys reading and keeping fit and in 2018 completed her first (but not last!) 5km run for charity. She also enjoys cooking and spending time with her friends and family.